Top mine operations around the world already trust ASD’s TerraSpec® line of mining instruments for their critical mineral analysis measurements. Realizing potential applications of dispersive NIR in the petroleum industry, ASD is joining 6,800 professionals from more than 72 countries at the AAPG/ ACE 2017 conference this April 2 – 5 in Houston, Texas.
As hydrocarbons have a strong spectral signature that can be easily seen in the near infrared, ASD instruments have been used for years to remote sense hydrocarbon seeps. Recently, petroleum geologists have become interested in the ability of near infrared to identify and differentiate various clay, chlorite and carbonate species in real time. ASD instruments have been utilized for decades by the mining industry as a means to determine alteration mineralogy allowing faster vectoring to an ore deposit. Petroleum geologists realize the same benefit using field portable ASD instruments for improved resource mineralogy, real time strata correlation, borehole stability monitoring or dolomite porosity determination.
ASD’s TerraSpec instruments are designed to enhance the real time clay mineral identification. As an ACE attendee, you have the opportunity to demo two instruments: the ASD TerraSpec® 4 Standard-Res mining analyzer and the ASD TerraSpec Halo mineral identifier and discover niche applications:
- Delineate individual clay and chlorite sub-species for enhanced facies analysis and chemostratigraphic delineation
- Real time mineral ID for real time decision making and cost savings
- Real time, nondestructive minerology
- Easy to use: technical level operations, no safety requirements
- Unique marker bed identification
- Carbonate speciation for monitoring shifts from calcite to dolomite.
Would you like to set up an appointment with our conference representative ahead of time? Click, below!